Wednesday, June 08, 2005

AMY and IBD


I know that I owe Amy a better pictue, so I am posting this picture from when she was in town for my graduation. See how cute she is, no evil eyes. She is pictured with one of my four cats, Big Kitty. While my sister was in town she mentioned to me how thin Big Kitty had become. I hadn't noticed her weight loss and it worried me that she lost all of the fat the her name was associated with. I took her to the veterinary clinic that I used to work for so that my old boss could exam her. He gave her an exam, did a blood panel and I was lucky enough that when he suggested an ultrasound that the ultrasound technician was able to come immediately to scan her. After all the tests and diagnostics, I was told that she possibly had Inflammatory Bowel Disease but that she also had a large number of lymph nodes in her abdomen meaning that they could not rule out the possiblity of lymphoma, a type of cancer. Needless to say I am kind of bummed but hopeful it's just IBD. Only time will tell. I just want to thank everyone at the Animal Medical Center for just being absolutely wonderful. They are really some of the best people I know, I was lucky to have them as coworkers but I am much luckier to have them as friends. Thank You Dr. Farmer, Rose, Ginger, Kim, Jerry, Robyn and Steve! Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home