Saturday, July 02, 2005

Videoke at the Alamo Drafthouse!


Last night, I dragged my husband and my best friend, Jerry, to check out Videoke at the Alamo Drafthouse Village. For all those who have no idea what the hell Videoke is it's when a person acts out a scene in a movie. The sound is off so the person has to not only act out the scene but make sound effects for it. The scenes have subtitles so you can read the lines because if you're like me I don't remember my name most days let alone dialogue to scenes. I went so I can get up on stage and do a scene from South Park but I lost my nerve and just drank beer and mocked the others who did have the courage to go on stage. I also want to say that everyone was so nice there. The crowd was like one big family and it was wierd because they knew immediately that we were newbies but they were supportive and very cool. That's what I love about Austin, where ever you hang out in this town you will meet new and interesting people that are great for conversation and good times. GOD, I LOVE THIS TOWN! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home