Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I almost gave a crappy gift that I thought was totally cool....except for the part that it could kill you!

Well, I was totally enamored with the CSI Fingerprint Examination Kit because I thought it would be fun to try and find Santa's prints on Christmas day but guess what...it can cause death. For reals, it has been recalled because some of the kits may contain asbestos. Well, I am lucky I am a giving kind of girl and have other toys to give but seriously it would have been great to have been give a heads up by the Internet toy company where I bought the kit from before I read about it on CNN.com. Thanks.

4 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Angelique!!

I was rather freaked out while Christmas shopping this year. I'm so glad that I don't have a baby to buy for, as virtually ALL of the baby toys, and clothes, are made in China.

I know that a lot of these products are safe, but to me, it's not worth the risk of poisoning a baby. :(

8:44 AM  
Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Yikes, that's scarier than the TV show...

Anyway, Angelique a Very Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year to you and yours, including the kitties of course!!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Merry Christmas!

At least you found out before the kit went out to someone. But, I agree with you - there should be better information before you actually buy the product.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Merry Xmas all! I hope that ya'll had a very asbestos free holiday season!

Tshsmom, it's practically impossible not to buy something from China and that kind of sucks. I have some free time till school starts. I guess I will test this theory.

Sme, Thank you for your holiday wishes and my kitties say, "Meow" which is hi in their language. I know I think I have been spending too much time with the kitties, too!

Notta, Thank God that I didn't give that gift out. I found out in time, I believe that other parents were not so fortunate and that scares the shit out of me.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home