Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Hot Mommas!

I volunteer at our local free clinic. I am not really qualified to deal with the public so they keep me in the back doing inventory and counting pills. I get to hang out with the pharmacy staff and shoot the breeze. Their day switches from hectic to mundane with no middle ground. I think that the staff there is wonderful and they work very hard to provide great service, it's unfortunate that the staff isn't appreciated more. There is always some person screaming about they didn't get their pills or that they called 5 minutes ago and why isn't their prescription ready...stuff like that. Today, I was waiting to be let into the pharmacy and I noticed that three fourths of the waiting room was full of pregnant women. I am talking about ready to pop pregnant women, 8 months or more. I know that isn't really unusual but every pregnant woman in there was dressed like they were going to go clubbing. I saw this one pregnant women wearing an apron top that was more of a bikini top that had a curtain of fabric in the front that didn't even cover her belly. Another woman was wearing such a low cut blouse that I, being a heterosexual woman, was mesmerized by her huge breasts. I know it's creepy but I think she was using some double sided tape because everyone in that waiting room was holding their breaths every time she bent over. Nothing spilled out and she avoided a Tara Reid like situation at the free clinic. Alls I am saying is that I don't dress that provocative and I am not even pregnant yet. I will never be able to compete with these women. Though it makes me wonder if this is what they are wearing after they got pregnant, what were they wearing when they did get pregnant? My vote was some duct tape and some floss.

3 Comments:

Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Ha ha - I see those pregnant women who dress like that. All it really makes me think is that they are trying to hold on to something - it's hard to watch your body get big and then you worry about trying to get the weight off. /shrug

I'm with you, though, I don't dress that provocatively when I'm not pregnant. I just don't think it's appropriate.

Thanks for visiting my blog, btw. :-)

10:45 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

I think I am just jealous and evious of the fact that they can check their modesty at the door. I wish I could dress as sexly as they do but alas, my tummy is not as flat as it once was. After getting married I experienced a condition called "Happy Fat." Thanks to my marriage I gained an extra 20 pounds and counting. Unlike my twin sister who is scrawny, I like the fact that I have boobs now! That is the bonus of gaining weight. At least that is what I keep telling myself. I hope you enjoy California, Jen. I bet it's sunny and beautiful and not like a sweaty armpit down here in Austin, TX because it's hot!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

I agree Autumn, men don't understand the pain that is involved with trying to look sexy. I went through the wear lots of make up and tight clothing to attract a man phase but I got tired of men trying to have conversations with my breasts. I also tried to wear sexy high heels but it ended up being sexy high heel hell. I hobbled around like a lame horse that need to be put out of it's misery. I think it's more important to be clean and comfortable. I am lucky that I fell in love with a man who valued my brain and my boobs, too.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home