Friday, July 15, 2005

When did Maury Povich turn into Jerry Springer?


I came back home from school today and turned on the TV so I can have something to listen to while doing my household chores. I can always tell when the Jerry Springer show is on because of the hooting and hollering and all of the bleeped out words. Finally, the show ended and the Maury Povich Show came on. I tell you honestly, it sounded so much like Jerry Springer that I had to stop doing the dishes and go change the channel, one Jerry Spring like show is about all I can handle but my hand froze and I was suddenly enthralled by the show. The Maury Povich show was doing "suprising" updates on past guests. My knowledge of Maury is that he used to host Current Affair back in the day, he is Mr. Connie Chung and that he used to be a serious talk show host. Now, his show seems to be full of women who bring 10 guys to do DNA tests to figure out who is their baby's daddy, transvestite beauty shows and revenge shows (where the handsome bully is confronted by the ugly nerdy girl who believes she's beautiful because she got some fake tits and an eating disorder.) I just feel bad for him because he was what I considered a more serious journalist but now he has wandered down the path of Geraldo Rivera. I know that Geraldo is doing more serious journalism but everytime I look at him I can still see that chair being thrown by that KKK member hitting him in his nose. I always bust out laughing when I remember that moment probably because it was so funny and I take a little sadistic pleasure out of it. Hey I am human, give me a break. It's hard to live down your past, like how in the hell was Jerry Springer mayor of Cinncinnati? I understand that he got busted for writing a check for some services provide by a prostitute earlier when he was a council member and he still was voted for mayor. Oh well, I guess he isn't a hypocrite if you want to have a trashy show you have to be a trashy guy but those stupid bits of advice at the end of his show is when I start looking for something else more interesting to watch.  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home