Saturday, September 02, 2006

When life imitates a Seinfeld episode!

I am a Seinfeld fan but I only fell in love with the show after the series ended and I always seem to see the same five episodes on TV. Strangely, I have noticed that my life sometimes references that show, it's weird. For example, my sister and I were doing some shopping together at the local Nordstrom when on the way to the exit my sister stops in her tracks entranced by a shirt that she thinks is absolutely beautiful. I walk back because I had no idea she had stopped walking next to me until I asked her a question and discovered she disappeared. I walk back and stand next to her and while she tells me in an entranced voice that she adores the shirt. I take a look at it and it looks like a crappy white pirate shirt with frills and ruffles and I said to her, "ARGH (in my best pirate voice), what the hell are you thinking of sis?" I say this out loud and my sister is seriously shocked that I don't like it. I reply, "Hell, no it looks like the Seinfeld puffy shirt." My sister gasps in embarrassment, because not only was I totally correct with my description of the shirt but that also another shopper overheard our conversation and snickered like Flicka. I know my sister was embarrassed but I have to tease her especially when life imitates art.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chica,

That shirt was the bomb...but thank you for the intervention! I was about to make a big fashion faux pas...

Amy

12:53 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Girl, no problem, I here to make sure you don't look stupid.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Ha, ha - you'd probably have a hay-day with my fashion sense. Mostly because I have none. :-P I make it a point, though, never to wear sequins or frills.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Notta, I agree, no sequins or frills. I have to remind my sister of those little laws from time to time. Arghhh!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Vest said...

hi PF: Your exquisite countenance gives me encouragement to go beyond my capabilities.

Pirate joke:
Jim the young pirate asked his captain,
"How did you lose your leg Cap'n"
"Argh" Jim me lad, said the Captain-
"Argh I lorst it to a cannon ball in battle jim me lad"
"Ow about yer arm Cap'n".
"Argh I had that cut off by a sword in battle".
"What about yer eye cap'n" say's Jim, "How didja lose it"
"Argh Jim me lad that wuz a sad day, I wus coming back to the ship one day when a seagull shit straight in me eye, it wuz the same day I had this f^#*<^8* Hook fitted.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Ooooh, I confess, I love jokes. My husband was able to wrap me around his finger with his incredibly bad jokes. Thanks for brightening my day, Vest.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home