Monday, June 11, 2007

My bird died...

Well, it was going to happen sooner than later that my bird's cancer was going to get her. Sumo-keet was a good bird and survived a lot longer than I expected. She suddenly passed away in front of the food bowl. I believe she had a heart attack or stroke probably associated with her tumor. She was a good bird and I hoped that the tumor on her bum would shrivel up and fall off for the second time but it wasn't meant to be. I was afraid that my last surviving parakeet, Howie, would be upset but he was happily munching away at the food bowl were Sumo-keet died. I guess life goes on.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry chica..I can't imagine how you must be feeling. You gave her the best life imaginable. Just imagine how her life would have been had you not decided not to get her on that fateful day.






Amy

11:30 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Chica, I think we did good by her. She had plenty of food and water, a little boyfriend who adored her and some owners that loved her and her clumsiness. She was like the majestic cow of parakeets and she will be missed.

2:19 PM  
Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Aw, I'm sorry. I was always bummed to see my hamsters go, too...it's so easy to adore these little critters, with all their quirks. "She was like the majestic cow of parakeets"...LOL!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Sme, thank you. She was a quirky little bird and the cage looks so empty without her.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

I'm so sorry. Even when you know it might happen, it doesn't make it less sad. :-(

7:31 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I'm so sorry for your loss!!
Our family has been in mourning over pets more times than I like to think about. :(
I think you should get Howie a new girlfriend.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home