Saturday, August 25, 2007

The best vacation EVER!

Here I am at the Great Dunes National Park in Colorado. I believe in the pix are the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the background. As you can tell in the picture I was just soaking up the surroundings. I am a Texas girl so I have never seen mountains before. I think I just stood in awe for about 5 minutes before I realized my sister was asking a question. What you don't see in the pix are the Sand Dunes. It's kind of strange that there is a big sandbox in between some mountain chains but it is kind of cool to try to attempt to get to the top. We were optimistic until we were 1/3 the way up then we turned around. I felt like my lungs were going to burst out of my chest. I think it was the combination of the altitude and dry air. I didn't think it was hot since it was only in the high 80's and Texas was already in the high 90's so it felt great to me.

I really appreciate that my sister took me on vacation with her to a dude ranch in La Veta, Colorado. We had a great time on our estrogen only vacation. We got to meet some great people and I rode, went skeet shooting, fishing and more. But I was so glad to be home, too. I missed my husband and kitties and all the responsibilities that life brings. I planning the next vacation to a beach somewhere. I loved the dude ranch but my ass was sore for days and it was painful just to sit. Also, I flew on the smallest plane to date. It was a combination aisle and window seat. The ride was bumpier but it put me right to sleep. I got to thank that corpse move from yoga or Seinfeld. Overall, I had tons of fun hanging with my sister and next time we go some place where the tan I get is nice and even and not the farmer's tan I got now.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Looks gorgeous and sounds like fun...aside from the soreness and the aisle-window combo, that is!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Sme, it was gorgeous but all that relaxing was hard work. Next time, I am sitting at a beach sipping a margarita.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home