Friday, July 15, 2005

How do you make a woman fall in love with you? Ask her out first.

Today while reading a fellow blogger's post I remembered this guy who I wanted to date so badly when I was younger. Okay, let me set the stage. I am eighteen years old going through the "what the hell am I going to do with my life" stage. I remember meeting this guy that was in one of my sister's classes at ACC (Austin Community College.) My sister was always trying to help me get laid, God bless her. So she introduces us and we start talking immediately. We talked and talked and talked then we talked some more. In fact, I was getting really tired of the talking and I wanted some action. Come one I am eighteen and if he had shown so initiative I would have made him a very happy man but he just wouldn't ask me out. Around this time I met another guy in one of my classes. He was sweet, funny and very in to me. He would go out of his way to say hi and ask me how I was doing, plus he was very easy on the eyes but I still was into my sister's friend who was a musician and I am enamored by a man who plays guitar. One day while talking to musician dude my classmate shows up. I will assign them names so I won't confuse them, musician dude is K and classmate dude is G. Anyways, I am talking to K and G shows up. G talks to me for a bit and then he sits down. So I am sitting there with my sister, Amy, who by the way is laughing her ass off, I don't think she ever saw two guys compete for me ever. So G is chatting me up and has no idea that I am supposedly "talking" to K. G eventually has to leave and invites me to go have lunch with him. I look at K and I said yes to G. I had been speaking to K for 4 weeks while I have known G for four days and G asked me out. Many years later after I married my "G", I asked if he remembered K at all and did he know that he was kind of trying to hook up with me. G snorted and said, "That dweeb, I had no idea that he was even into you! He just sat there doing nothing!" So this is a PSA for anyone who is trying to go out with another person, let them know that your interested by asking them out, if you like them think of any reason to be with them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vest said...

Loved reading your post, You have such a romantic soul.

It was many years ago, my friend and I were on a double date, having met the two women the night before when we were pissed out of our brains.
Taking a quick dekko around the corner near the meeting place, my friend said "I dont like the look of yours and mine is ugly too". So we took off and later arrived at a dance hall where many young ladies were being taught the latest stuff(Now uncool).
There I was introduced to this real cool 17 year old Gorgeous Chick.
Rosemary and I married 18 months later, We now have five sons and eight g/c & 1 gg/c, 53 years down the track from then. Today it is my umpteenth birthday, yesterday Rosemary asked "What can I get you for your birthday", I replied, "You are all I will ever need". V, DAILY GAGGLE.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

I always love it when my sister leaves posts because I know exactly who she is when she writes, it must be all those curse words. Just teasing chica, keep them bad words coming. I also want to thank you for being my "fairy godmother" between G and me. I think his words where, "I worked my ass off to go out with you, thank God for your sister she really helped me out!" Thanks chica for being matchmaker. I would recommend your services to anyone.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Vest, your so sweet! I think your wife is a lucky woman to have such a romantic husband and it shows with your vast family of children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. You are leaving a wonderful legacy of love for you family that will endure through the ages. You and your wife are an inspiration, keep up the good work.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Oh, I almost forgot to thank you, Vest, for showing us the importance of ditching people who are just wasting our time. I know way too many people who have long term relationships with people they have no desire to marry. I am all for having a good time but these pseudo relationships sound like hell to me.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home