Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Awww! Aren't we cute!


Whew! I survived the holidays! My husband, sister and I spent the holidays at his parents house for Thanksgiving. The food was okay but the gravy and corn casserole (a plug for my sister) were exceptional plus the copious amounts of alcohol made up for the blandness of the whole meal. The family was great. We met my husband's brother's new fiancee. She is a really nice girl. They are getting married in March of next year and I can't wait to go to the wedding! We only went up for the day because my Big Kitty is still doing poorly and I have been taking her to the vet for some shots to help boost her immune system. Overall, she is hanging in there and we had a great time at our family's house.

I am finally getting over this funk I have been in. I think I was depressed. Plus, I also gave up caffeine. I am now just starting to feel better. Those were the three worst days of my life while going cold turkey off caffeine but now I feel that I can take on the world. This past Sunday, we went out to the Austin Zoo. My sister took this really cute picture of my husband and I getting cuddly. I wanted to post some pictures of Amy, too, but I have to run off to class so I will post them as soon as I get back. Ciao!  Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

That's a cute picture of you two. I never did get a chance to visit the Austin Zoo - I'm disappointed. Do they have gorillas? Those are my favorite.

I did get to go to that one restaurant on Lake Travis and I rented a pontoon boat (even though I didn't have a clue about how to drive one) to take my son swimming.

Glad you guys had a good holiday!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Notta, I have to confess that the Austin Zoo is really kind of small for a zoo compared to the ones in Houston or San Antonio. The zoo is actually a rescue organization so all the animals there are rescue animals. They didn't have gorillas but they had a lot of big cats and tons of birds. It's kind of dinky but it has a special kind of charm. We are hoping to go canoing this weekend around Barton Springs, wish us luck, I've never done it before.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

That sounds like fun - I wish you well, but you'll do just fine. :-)

I haven't been canoeing since girl scout camp (that tells you how long it's been). :-P

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home