Sunday, October 23, 2005

Ushering A New Era of Karaoke with My Sister!

I finally went and showed my sister my styling karaoke skills. We went to a new bar that I had never been to before. It was a small hole in the wall place that seemed to be full of regular karaoke singers that could really sing. That kind of sucked because I don't really sing very well but what I don't have for musical talent I make up with my dance moves. I signed up to sing two songs. After waiting for a good while I got called up and dragged Amy with me and we sang "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield. I picked this song because Amy loves Rick Springfield and we did a pretty good job of butchering that song up. We received applause from the audience and one of the bartenders even came by and told us how brave we were. I don't know if that was good or bad but I will take it as good. Well, I waited to sing my second song and it took forever and the place got packed fast. The crowd was lively and I would have had a better time if I hadn't been sick and the crowd wasn't smoking. I was kind of in hell because I couldn't breathe very well but finally I was called for my second song. I get up on the stage to sing my swan song, that's right folks "Baby Got Back" and Amy got up too, but to dance only. That's cool. I sang the song to the best of my ability and even though I wasn't feeling a 100% I did a pretty good job of getting the crowd dancing thanks to Amy and Kerri who were my back up dancers. Thanks girls! I need to go back and try it again when I am feeling better but I think our plans are to go to a masquerade party next Friday at our dance place. It ought to be awesome!

P.S. I mean to keep taking pictures but I keep forgetting my camera. I promise to do better in the future and to prove that my sister, Amy, is not a figment of my imagination.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurry up and get that camera chica. Those hip rolls that you do are HOT!!!!

Amy

3:38 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Thanks, chica! I say those years of bellydance classes were helpful after all!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

I agree with your friend - we need pics next time. :-P

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's IT! I'm moving to Austin. Ya'll are having too much fun. Screw MIAMI.

Adri

9:21 AM  
Blogger Monty said...

OK, where do I send the camera to Amy. I saw a picture of her a couple of months ago on here, but I have never seen yours. So, to me, Amy exists, and I'm trying to date her, but you are like the tree in the forest that falls when no one is there, and hence doesn't make a sound.

Amy, are you pretending to be Angelique?

3:29 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Notta and Monty, I know, I know...I swear I am working on getting a picture but the girl is not working with me. She keeps on being resistant and won't work the camera for me. I swear that Amy exists and is not a part of my imagination...I hope.

Adri, I think you would like Austin. It's more relaxed and it's a college town so I hope you can drink because that's what I learned to do in college that and sing some bad karaoke. I tell Amy you said Hi!

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home