Saturday, November 05, 2005

Two Wild and Crazy Gals!


Finally a sister picture with me on the left and my sister, Amy, on the right. I am just having an absolute blast since my sister moved into town. Last night I dragged her ass to Videoke at the Alamo Drafthouse. I finally got the balls when Amy, my friend Jerry and my husband supported my leap into Videoke. I did this scene from Army of Darkness (it's a little bit of a wait since it's a quicktime clip but it's worth it, I swear it) and even though I was really nervous, I did a okay job. So okay that my score was a 90 and a 83 from the judges but the audience was so cool they booed the judge who gave me an 83. What nice folks. Today we went to see the Austin Pow Wow. I enjoy any kind of culture thingie and I had to drag me sister with me. We even danced on the main floor for the blanket dance. Later, they had the non-Indian dance aka White Man Dance Competition. My sister and I danced and she got picked to dance in the semi-finals. Yeah! Only six people were picked out of the crowd of a hundred including myself. I attribute it to the fact that my sister was wearing a low cut shirt that you can't see in the picture but believe me she has go some talent and when I say talent I mean boobs. Anyways, she was good but the weird ass dancers went on to the finals and she did not advance. There was a drum circle that was rooting for her and I wasn't entirely sure that they beat the drum with their drumsticks...hmm but it sure looked like a stick. Anyways, we had a blast! Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

You two are so cute - I bet you have fun out on the town. Videoke, eh? I'll have to give that a shot. I would choose scenes from either of the first two Austin Powers movies. :-P

4:53 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Notta, we had so much fun! Videoke was very scary and I was so nervous and the judges were critical of the performances. I wasn't trying to win an Oscar or anything I was just trying to have fun and the crowd appreciated that. I would do Austin Powers in a heartbeat but I am bad with accents and I mean really bad but I would have loved to have said "Do I make you horny?"

5:12 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

I love the whole rotating chair bit that Dr. Evil does - I could do that in a heartbeat.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

I love the line where he just wants sharks with freaking lasers on their heads, that's a classic.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Monty said...

You both look so much, alike (grinning)

12:24 AM  
Blogger Monty said...

Angelique, don't ask me questions like that, in any accent, without your sister there. Please.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Monty, we do look alike, don't we? It freaks me out that we look alike and even sound alike, even though we haven't lived with each other for eigth years. Overall, we are having a blast!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home