Thursday, December 08, 2005

Rest in Peace Big Kitty, a Good Cat But An Even Better Friend!


My cat, Big Kitty, died last night @ 3:23 am. After a long fight she finally decide that she had enough and that it was time for a long rest. I miss her. I had to fall asleep for the first time in 10 years without her. She cuddled with me and kept my legs warm. Mind you, she would bite my ankles if I squirmed too much but that was part of her gruff charm. Last night, I watched her die and even though in the end she probably wasn't all there I was glad that I was. I wish I could have put her to sleep because she was in a little pain in the end but I was selfish and I wanted every little moment I could have. She was on the edge but she hung in there due to the fact that she had a strong will but yesterday she stopped eating and then she died fairly quickly. The weather matches my mood. The temperatures dipped below freezing last night and today, I drove around with icicles on my car. I gave my father a ride and then ripped him a new asshole when he dumped his marital problems on me. I just lost a loved one and I didn't feel like putting up with anyone's problems but my own, right now. I just miss her so much and it hurts. Tomorrow my pain will hurt less and even less the day after that but it will take a long time. I need some time for that raw spot in my heart to heal.

The Rainbow Bridge Poem makes me cry every damn time.  Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Chin up, Angel. I know you miss her - that's understandable.

/hug

5:36 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Thank you for the hug, Notta, I need them right now. I will feel better soon, I am just going through the angry and depressed stages of grief.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Freda said...

Angelique,

Sorry to hear of your loss. Bein' a dog I have an innate interest in cats. I can sit and watch them all day. I lived with two for five months. I was truly mystified by them. If they can do that to a dog, I can imagine what they can do to a human.

Again, so sorry.

Whimper...

Freda

11:43 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Freda, thank you for your kind words. Cats are pretty interesting creatures but dogs are have a special place in my heart. I saw some pictures of you and you are not only beautiful in the inside but on the outside. Thank you, again.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Monty said...

Angelique,

It is a rare circumstance, indeed, where a cat and a person are so well matched. I am sure that Big Kitty will live in your heart forever.

I am so sorry for your loss!

Monty

11:35 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Monty, thank you, you know exactly what to say to make me feel better. I am happy that she picked me as her momma. I want to adopt another cat but I am just taking my time until the next cat adopts me and enjoying my memories of my kitty babies.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home