Monday, October 09, 2006

Bastard broke my window!


After I a nice and relaxing weekend I went to my car to go to school this morning and found this. My car window was shattered and the only thing keeping it together was the tint. It looks like someone tried to push the window down and when they couldn't they took some kind of blunt instrument and tried to punch out the car window. When it didn't shatter they moved on. There were at least 5 other cars in the apartment complex that were hit and they were also sporting some busted windows. I am not going to lie I was upset and everyone became a suspect. My crackhead neighbor, that nice old man digging in the trash the other day, the couple at the end of my building who neglect their dog but I wasn't going to let it ruin my day. I had to go to school and I needed to take my cat to the vet today. My sister came in and saved the day, too. While I was in class she found some one to replace my window. Thanks, chica. She has plenty of experience dealing with that because of her big baby called an ex-husband. The boy just couldn't deal with the stress that is called life. Anyways, by the time I got out of class, I was able to just hit the easy button and the glass guy was on his way. He arrived 30 minutes later and fixed in another 30. I told him that living were we live it was just a matter of time till your car gets broken into and I figure I saved up enough money from all those skipped oil changes that I could afford a new window. Sucks though that's 200 bucks down the hole but the big picture is that my family is okay, my cats are okay and I am okay. Better the car than me but I am feeling aprehensive. I am a little superstitious. Last Monday, I got rearended in traffic (just a scratch on the bumper) and this Monday, my window is busted. I have another bad event involving my car coming my way and then the trifecta is complete. Overall, I know that the poor fool who broken into my car was some drug addict looking for something easy to steal and I get warm and fuzzy that the mofo couldn't even break into my car. Plus, if he had, I learned my lesson. There is nothing to steal in my car except for the easy reading called my car manual. Plus, I feel for that guy when he gets caught. Chances are that he will either get caught by the police and get buggered in prison or break into a drug dealer's car and get shot. Either way he is fucked and I am going to be just fine. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Boy, I know how you feel. One year, I got into three accidents with my car (none of them serious, thank goodness). After that, I swore the vehicle was cursed and I sold it after I got it all fixed up. Sounds like everything turned out okay - at least it wasn't more expensive. :-)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Notta, I am glad that you are okay. Three accidents are a lot and I am nervous just driving my car now. I am glad that it was pretty cheap to fix and in the scheme of things I rather my car took one for the team than me.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Vest said...

Hi P F: This could be more sinister than it seems, may be the window fixer is an accomplice of the window smasher.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Vest, now your thinking like me. The window fixer person actually is based on the other side of town so I doubt he could have done it but then again...

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home