Friday, September 16, 2005

The secret to life...hang out with the people you love, dance, sing and drink!

I love to sing karaoke and dance. I went to La Palapa last Friday and sang my heart out. La Palapa is a great hole in the wall restaurant that has karaoke Friday and Saturday nights. Plus, they serve margaritas by the pitcher. Oh Yeah! I went with all of my work buddies and we had an awesome time. There were too many of us and we had to be broken up in to two tables. Bummer and I had to drive so I couldn't drink, so I had to sing sober. I have never done that before usually liquor is my bravery. I always have to start my singing with "Baby Got Back" by Sir-Mix-A-Lot. I love that song. None of my friends had started singing yet and they were scared to go on stage. Well, I was thinking let's get the party started. I went on stage and I was so nervous even though I had done it before. I addressed the crowd and I told them that I normally have back up dancers but they weren't drunk enough. I started singing and the crowd loved it. There is something funny about a girl singing, "I like Big Butts!" as loudly as she can while trying to shake her small bootie to the rhythm. My friends eventually joined me on stage and one of my friend's mom came up, she has got a butt and the crowd went wild! So the song was so appropriate because she was like Tadoww! My ass is a flat plain compared to hers. In fact, there were 3 of my friends and a person from another table that jumped up on stage and started dancing. It was great! I had a great time but I had to get out of there. It was so crowded and then it became really crowded when the UT choir showed up. So, overall, I had a great time singing, dancing and drinking with my friends. It feels good to make an ass out of myself and I have friends who appreciate that and cheer me on. If you don't know this by now, I am a walking calamity. I have learned to embarrass myself on purpose because it's going to happen whether or not I want it. It's one of my super powers! Super Embarrassing Herself Girl!

10 Comments:

Blogger Monty said...

Sounds like a good life to me! Dance on, chica. I still don't *really* know what chica means, but i don't think I'm insulting you.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Nah, Monty, you are not insulting me. I actually like it. Thanks for supporting my need to dance. I enjoy trying to take people out and sing and dance, it's my plan to help them live longer and happier lives. I like to think I am some sort of Ambassador of Embarrassment and Goodwill.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Tee hee - even though I don't know you well, I can still picture your karaoke scene. What guts - even when I'm drinking I can't bring myself to sing in front of others. Bravo!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Notta, it was sooo much fun. You should try it! Pick a song that you enjoy. I see people who lose bets and they don't want to be up there. Like a guy singing, "Feelings, talking about feelings..." If it's torturing the singer it's torturing the crowd. The idea is to have fun and embrace your dorkiness. I am trying to see if anyone took any pictures of that night to post. So far no luck. I think I may have to just go out and sing again soon.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

You could never embarrass yourself, you sing and dance too well. Sounds like you had a great time! When is your sister gonna get here?

11:59 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Aww, thanks Monty! I hope Amy will arrive in Austin by the 27th of this month. I can't wait! It will be like one big slumber party.

2:36 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Dang I miss Austin. It's such a fun town.

My youngest brother just graduated from there in '03. I loved going downtown and just hanging, but haven't been to La Palapa though.

As for Karaoke, that's too cool. I remember that song. "Oh My God! Look at that butt. She must be one of those rapper girlfriends..."

Couldn't sing sober though, because I'll notice when I go off key.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Zombieslayer, I am glad that you think Austin is a fun town. I think so too but I am partial since this is my hometown. I just love the fact that were ever you go in Austin I meet a lot of interesting people. I am into punishing the crowd with my musical stylings. I can't even rap...it sounds awful but you got torture friends every once and awhile. Singing sober has given me faith to try something else without my alcohol crutch. So many choices, what to pick?

3:52 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

The 27th!!! My birthday is the 28th!!! Time to sing and dance! Hola!

12:56 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Hey Happy Birthday, Monty! Make merry and drink copious amounts of liquor. Which day is your birthday? The 27th or 28th?

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home