Monday, September 05, 2005

A Couple of Reasons Why My Sister is Awesome!

My sister is going through a rough spot in her life but she always amazes me on her ability to get shit done. She has her down moments and then she springs into action like a four star general yelling at people to "Get off their asses!" I don't remember my sister being such a hard ass but I like it. So here are a few of her qualities that I admire.

1. She has a dirty sense of humor. My husband covers his ears when we are throwing dirty jokes at one another. It gets ugly fast. So, here is to my sister who can drag a sexual innuendo out and beat it to death.

2. She can belch like a frat boy. No kidding. Her ability to produce sounds ranging from a drunken whale to the Loch Ness monster is pretty cool and inhuman sounding. It sucks because she likes to spring it on you while on the phone. Thanks a lot, chica, I am partially deaf now but happier from laughing my ass off.

3. She is beautiful. Okay, I put this in here because we look a lot a like and I am complimenting myself, too. Imagine Catherine Zeta-Jones' younger hot sister. Yep, she's foxy.

4. She is a generous person. When I visited her in Miami once she was struggling to pay her bills but she wanted to show me Miami. She insisted on paying for everything and we had a great time. I know she was paying her credit card bills for a while but that was my favorite trip to Miami because it was just us girls and I enjoyed getting wolf whistled a lot.

5. She is an animal lover. She has always loved animals and has adopted many pets and rescued many animals over the years. A person like this is gold in my freaking book. Also, she is in love with my "Beefy Boy" aka Munchkin. Girl, he is waiting here to snork and headbutt you.

6. She is a survivor and always lands on her feet. I am wowed by her ability to weather tough times. Once she picks a direction she will take it. I wish I was like that more because I almost had an emotional breakdown trying to pick a place to go eat out at last night.

There are more reasons but these are just some starters for you to understand why I love and admire my sister so much. Overall, she's funny, sweet, caring and hot and I hope that I get to see her very soon.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second ALL that, although I have not yet had the experience of a sound-barrier-breaking phone belch....but I'll take your word for it!

My turn to share a little about this chica. I love every single pair of shoes she owns and I want to be her...oh my god, did I say that out loud?

So here's the story: I came to the MIA with a bag and a prayer, and 7 months after a WWIII type battle with depression, savings all run out and no place to live, I walked into this temp job after having an anxiety attack on the way up the elevator to only be greeted by a "HHHHIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEE! You must be adriana (in a sweet southern tone)". I looked around and was thinking "shit, have I met this girl before and don't remember?" It was like IMMEDIATE with this girl, my social inadequacies out the window.
Is it possible for someone's energy and demeanor to bring a complete stranger instantly out from under a rock? Yup, and I have the pleasure of working with her. I knew this chick was super cool instantly, and super nice.

Then I realized she was actually a hilarious bitch, which made me like her even more!!!!!

On the daily I walk into this office after having a nervous breakdown about which fucking pants almost fit that day (much like the restaurant), the most pessamistic, self involved person in the universe and then in walks amy with her infectious jubilance - No matter what.

Nobody would understand this, but I know that for all those reasons you listed and more, the interaction with this girl has pulled me out a dark hole, slowly but surely. I am forever indebted.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sniff...sniff...I am honestly honored that you guys think so much of me. This is exactly what I need. It is always tough to start over but with family and friends like this I know I can make it. Thank you sooo much!

Amy

11:14 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Ahdree, I know about the shoes. I am excited because if we ever lived close together her shoes would become my shoes. It's all part of my evil plan. She has always been a sweet person and generally cares for people. I am glad you understand how wonderful she is, too! Amy rocks!

Amy, girl, people love you. Hang in there because it only gets better. I have no doubt that you will kick ass and take names.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

Hey Amy,

Any sister of Angeliques is someone *I* want to know. And *I* ought to know. So, get it together, head down to Texas, go see Angelique, and we'll figure out something. Either of you ever consider vet school???

Come around more often Amy, catch me again, very soon!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

Sexual inuendo, eh. Angelique, is she going to be part of my training? When do we start?

3:46 PM  
Blogger Apostle John said...

It really does sound like you have an awesome sister!

Hmmm, I'm trying to picture a younger and hotter Catherine Zeta Jones belching like a frat boy -- I have a lot of imagination, but that image just isn't coming.

Any possibility you could post a home video of her doing that?

On second thought, maybe that's an image we don't need.

I'll just take your word for it -- she's awesome!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Monty, I don't know if you want her for your pimp because she will bitch slap your ass into shape and it wouldn't be pretty. I am definitely a softy in comparison. Yeah, I would love it if she became a vet but she is interested in being an accountant. I think she will be an awesome accountant figuring out all those numbers and stuff. I am looking foward to seeing her back in Austin soon.

Apostle John...hmmm. I will try to get some video of her in action. I swear she can put any frat boy to shame. It's a freaking gift. She can do it at will and I just know that there is a guy who is going to see that and say. "That's the woman and I want to marry." She is uber cool!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

I'm jealous - my sister and I are not close at all. I hope you and your sis always have a good relationship. :-)

7:44 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Thanks, Notta. I am glad we have a good relationship, too. Sharing a womb does that...I was kind of born with my best friend since we are twins. I am just excited that she is coming home and my friends are dying to see her. They love her already. Hang in there I am sure that you and your sister can become very close but then I shouldn't talk. Even though me and my sister are best friends I haven't spoken to my brother in a long time. I don't think to highly of him, in fact, I think he is an idiot. So, I too should work on that relationship. But one thing at a time.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

Damn, a twin of you! A possible solution! You see, I could never leave you, not in summer, winter or fall, nope I could never leave you at all! (Robert Gouley did it much better, but without the same gusto!) But a twin!

Monty staggers accross the floor, clutching his heart!

I feel my heart breaking, but a twin! She has at least one leg, and at least one of the major appendages? She can read? **AND** she's tough!!! I am so undisciplined.......sigh

I am completely estranged from my sisters, and it will stay that way forever, including when they are in hell for an eternity, not that I have an opinion, naturally!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home