Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Content in a relationship? Welcome the Happy Fat!

I've been with my husband 10 years and I gained twenty pounds since that first day I met him. What the hell happened? I was struck with the Happy Fat phenomenon and the pounds have slowly been adding on these past couple of years. I call it Happy Fat because it always seems to strike when you are happy and content in a relationship. My single, svelte girlfriends laugh at me when I complain about it but seriously where did all this weight come from? I am not too upset because I have these soft curves and some boobs now. I know I've got boobs! It feels really good to fill out a bra and not have to wear those pushy padded ones that made me feel better because I could squeeze some cleavage together. So, I guess happy fat has it's bonuses but I would still like to have a killer bod before I start to have kids. I noticed that I was always skinnier when I was single and I am sure that I could have been especially scrawny after a big break up but that never happened because I was always the evil bitch who broke it off first. The only weight I lost was the 150+ pounds of loser that I ditched. Ah, memories. Now, one of my current problems is that I love to eat out with my husband. You now that whole dinner and date thing. Hey, we can't help it. We don't see each other except on the weekends so we pack food and fun in that time. Also, I am not a good cook and anything that keeps me out of the kitchen is always a bonus to me. Lately, I have tried to eat "healthier" but I still haven't lost any weight, in fact, I gained 3 pounds. WTF?!? I stopped eating out except for the weekend date nights and I still gain weight. My husband loves it when I cook. Maybe he loves the idea of his woman slaving over a hot stove because my food is not that good. I hate exercise that has no point. So working out in a gym is torture but I do love dancing, aerobics and martial arts. Which is funny because my husband is not into any of that stuff he'd rather go biking or swimming. That's sad because I don't know how to swim and I haven't owned a bike in 15 years. So the only exercise that we do together is the love making or as it's also called the horizontal mambo. Now that's my kind of exercise and I guess you can say that I do dance with my husband regularly. I asked my husband to help me out in my new exercise program, you know I need to "work out" more, and he vigorously agreed and started taking his clothes off. You gotta love a man with that kind of dedication to making me happy and healthy.

P.S. I want to thank Autumn for inspiring my blog. Check out her website September's Girl, it's always a hoot!

6 Comments:

Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Oh, you're not alone with the "happy fat". It also doesn't help that, about every 7 years or so, your body changes and metabolism can slow down. My figure went right down the shitter when I turned 29. :-/ I've slowly gotten some of it back, but it takes longer now versus when I was in my teens and 20's.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

I swear I can not lose weight. When I try to diet I am punished by more weight gain. What the hell? I am glad that I am not alone in this struggle of mine.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

I can't lose weight either, and I had better figure it out soon. I'm a Type 2 diabetic.

As far as I 'm concerned, Angelique, you do have a killer bod, just because that's the way I always see you in my mind's eye. And please, I don't want no skinny women! I want something to hold on to, myself!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Thanks, Monty! Well, the picture in your mind of me is close to the truth...mostly. Take care of yourself. My mom also has Type 2 diabetes and it' really hard for her to lose weight. They have all these classifications for what is a good carb and a bad carb, it makes my head hurt. I, too, like my men with a little bit of meat, so I can work them like a rib bone.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

I have bones that jingle jangle jingle........

You could make me lightheaded Angelique.

Nice seeing you too Jen

11:55 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

/wave to Monty

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home