Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I think I pissed off a telemarketer


Today after waking up and sipping on some caffeine for a while the phone rang. Now normally I would just let the answering machine pick it up but today I felt saucy and answered it. I guessed that it was my sister who I just emailed 5 minutes before, well, I was wrong. It was a telemarketer trying to get me to go to some travel agency and do a survey. Now, I am a wuss when it comes to trying to tell them no. I never tell them yes but I am polite and listen to their sell and then say no. Well, she was working me hard. I tried to tell her that I had a full schedule and I just wasn't interested. She started talking again and 5 minutes later when she took a breath, I told her again that I wasn't interested. Finally, she got the message and hung up on me. I was trying to be nice but I think I kind of pissed her off. It's not my fault that I was raised with manners. I just need to get a backbone and as soon as I know that they are a telemarketer just hang up on their ass. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

I like arguing with the people who call to try to get you to do something - like demand stricter rating systems for movies and shows. I only argue when I have the energy to, though. :-p

4:59 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

I am just too nice. That will be my new mantra, learn how to deal with telemarketers effectively. I know that they don't me like wasting their time and neither do I.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

Tell them you're on the no call list, and that you're going to charge them $500 for using your telephone equipment without permission. Ask for their name and address. It's also real. If you can get them into court, they owe you. Muhaha!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Really. I think that is a much better idea then mine which involved an air horn, me laughing hysterically and the telemarketer crying. Oh well, drat you Monty and your ideas. They make too much sense.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

I signed up for this job because every once in a while I can do domething nice for you. Besides, you don't want to make telemarkters cry, they are potential ophaned pet adopters. All you need to do is to show them the way!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home