Thursday, September 01, 2005

Forget about books and supplies! What you really need for school is cable, newspapers and God!

I am walking across campus today, weaving in and out of slow moving students and people who try to hand me crap. The religious types who try to give you free bibles and pamphlets. They are getting better on entrapping people. They use to give out free lemonade if you got close enough but now they give out snow cones. Now normally I would politely say no to their religious readings but for a snow cone I am willing to put with anything as long as I get that snow cone. Well, the word had gotten out and there was a long line and I couldn't stick around since I had to go to class. So, I went navigated through the throng of people trying to sell you stuff. I politely rejected the free newspapers. They yelled at me "It's free, how come you don't want it!?" Well, if I have to listen to a guy trying to get me to buy a subscription then it isn't free. I passed by the guy who was selling cable. He was going up to everyone saying,"You use the internet you need cable and if you watch TV you need cable." No thanks. To tell you the truth, I have never had cable TV in my life. Strange isn't it. My parents never had it and I never had the desire to get it. When people tell me that I need to check something out on a cable channel, I tell them I can't. I get the sad "I must have been abused look" and a lot of "You're lying!" Nope, it's true. I admit that for not watching cable, I think I turned out alright. Anyways, school is back in session and I will be happy when this week will be over so people will stop trying to sell me crap. Though the usual bunch of crazys will still be there. There is normally a guy preaching on campus and some others that come and go. I am still upset that those damn Scientologists won't give me a personality/stress test. Maybe this will be the lucky year that I get asked and my college experience will be complete.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monty said...

Ah the university, the marketer's great opportunity!

I'll test you. You have a personality, and you give more stress than you get!

So much for Scientology.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Those marketers buzz around you like flies. I always wanted to just spray them with some pepper spay. But the use of gratuitous use of violence for my entertainment is wrong but funny. Yeah, those Scientologists at campus are hiding. They are usually as agressive as those damn newspaper guys. Maybe Tom Cruise going crazy sent them into hiding.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home