Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Victims of Katrina

I know that people are struggling with what is happening in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina hit. I know I am. I am almost saturated by the constant barrage of people's misery on the TV. I know that giving money is all I can do to help. What I really want to do is get some trucks, planes and helicopters and stock them full of food and water to take to the survivors. Then I would load up my convoy and take them to a place where they are dry and don't have to sit next trash, feces or a dead person. But I am only one poor person. I am glad that Texas is helping out. There are thousands of refugees poring into the Houston Astrodome and Kelly Air Force Base in San Antonio. Even Austin has a refugee center at Burger Center. Wow! I am glad that my town is getting involved. Some other victims of Katrina are people's pets. Katrina not only left people homeless and lost but their pets too are alone and lost. If they are found they usually go to a shelter. Shelters try to house this influx of animals but the truth is that most shelters are at their maximum capacity. A lot places that did take these pets in are trying to find them good homes fast. So go donate some money and adopt a rescued New Orleans pet. Check out this article if you live in the San Antonio area and want to help by adopting a pet. I just hope that the people in New Orleans get help soon.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

I really hate when people post ads.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Apostle John said...

I'm with you -- a convoy needs to be organized! And fast. Seems to me someone would have been organizing faster.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

I agree. I don't know what is taking them so long. They need help now. Somebody really dropped the ball.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Monty said...

The biggest problem is that New Orleans is under water. Most people evacuated, except the poor, and the gangs who figured to make a fortune looting the place. New Orleans was built below sea level. It's amazing this disaster hasn't happened sooner.

They just got a runway open at the airport for emergency purposes. That lets heliocopters operate, and the military. There's need to quickly backup the police, get those firing at the heliocopters, get the gangs under control, one way or another, and get people out, to food and water and medical attention. Just a thought.

And yes, i dumped a lot of money on the Humane Society for the animals of New Orleans, and the Red Cross. And now, I pray, and write Congress, damn them.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home