Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Fun cakes and friskiness at weddings!


We're back! My husband and I went to his brother's wedding this weekend. I had to take a picture of the grooms cake. It's too cool. I am a UT graduate so this cake just tickles me orange. Plus it was a yummy red velvet cake. We had a great time except for the fact that we drove from Texas to Alabama. It was a boring 12 hour drive from Austin to Birmingham. When we arrived we were exhausted and slept like the dead. We had one day of rest then we hit the road again. Honestly, I am going to fly next time. 12 hours is just too long to be sitting on one's behind but even after spending almost 10 years together, my husband and I still have lots to talk about. Overall, I had a great time I just wish I had more time to just enjoy the festivities but my husband and I enjoyed each other, at least. Also, there is an added bonus about weddings. I don't know if this happens to anyone else but weddings are guaranteed to make me frisky and my husband doesn't pass up any because of that. Anyways, I wish the bride and groom many wishes of happiness!  Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

12 hour?!? it was 14 hours.. but was worth it to be with my honey!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Thanks for correcting me, Elvis, aka my hubbie! I just want to say that you rocked my world. Teehee!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

That cake looks...interesting. Dare I venture to guess it's a longhorn? If it's not, then I'm officially scared. Not sure about weddings and frisky - usually I avoid weddings. However, someone else may have thought so, which is why we have the movie "The Wedding Crashers". I'm pretty sure it's based on that notion. :-P

8:46 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Notta, you are totally correct, its's a longhorn, I hope or I am scared too! I have never seen Wedding Crashers but I guess it must be a popular notion for a movie to based on it. Cool.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Vest said...

Try sitting in a jumbo T/class seat from Sydney to London, two short stops and without leaving the plane for 24hours, Numb Bum syndrome sets in.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Vest said...

Horny Cake.
Does that cake have some sinister Aphrodisiac ingredient to help the happy couple achieve a greater degree of togetherness? if so gimme a slice.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Vest, I totally understand the numb bum syndrome but sitting still for 24 hours would just do me in. I would need some serious drugs of the Valium variety.

I think the cake has some kind of horny factor literally 'cause it work its magic on us that night and it's still working but, alas, no more cake to my chagrin. That cake flew off the table faster than the brides cake.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home