Friday, January 27, 2006

A feather is attacking Munchkin's nose!


Awww...here is my Peanut aka Munchkin. He is busy trying to get a parakeet cheek feather off his nose. I can tell it's a cheek feather because if you look really close there is a little black dot on it. Those are only grown around a parakeet's mouth area or cheek. They are molting right now and it looks like my parakeets exploded because there are feathers everywhere especially Sumo-keet, she's a big bird. The feather is a little fuzzy because Munchy was trying to eat it off his nose. He eventually succeeded and celebrated by gazing up at the birds and falling asleep. I figured he was dreaming of pouncing on birds since the closest he has ever gotten to my birdy babies are when he munches on their feathers. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Such a cute picture! It's funny to see how animals react to different things.

On a different note, I thought of you yesterday because on our local news was a segment about too many feral cats in Santa Clara county. I guess it's getting pretty out of hand, according to the animal shelter employees and judging from residents' complaints. I just remembered that you work(ed) in an animal shelter and I don't know how you do it, sometimes.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Notta, I feel for feral cats because a city's first decision is to trap them and euthanize them. I am big believer in maintaining feral cat colonies. I have had the same three feral cats living on my porch for the last four years with exception of a few rescues.

I agree that working in a shelter was hard work, low paying and stressful but I loved it. I eventually took a break but maybe after graduation I should volunteer. I loved taking care of kittens. There is something about a house that is full of kitten love that makes it right in the world.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chica,

I feel extremely lucky that I see Munchie-Buns every morning. His expectant gaze just makes my heart melt...it's as if he is crooning "touch me...touch me..." He is truly a siren. Every morning I pull myself out of bed, but I know that if I make enough noise that your kitties will love on me. Thanks for the little ones girlie!!!

Amy

10:26 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Having cats is like having a therapist on call and lots of unconditional love. Munchkin is the best. I feel he should be a therapy cat but his breath could wilt flowers. Besides, he told me the other day that you were his favorite tia.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home