Monday, December 18, 2006

Have a Meaty Xmas and a Bacony New Year!


I feel so proud of myself. This is the first time that I totally didn't suck at wrapping a present. Normally, I suck so badly at wrapping gifts that my husband snatches the gift out of my hands to put me out of my wrapping misery. The last gift I had to wrap actually required very little wrapping. I placed some towels in a bag with some tissue paper but by the time I was done with it looked like it fell off the back of truck and was run over a couple of times before I put it on the table at the wedding. Needless to say I have been embarrassed by my lack of wrapping ability but no longer. I am cured. I was inspired by my bacon wrapping paper to do a good job and the fact that this is a white elephant gift so I don't have the pressure to impress anyone. Anyways, I kicked ass and took names. It's plain for sure but I learned how to do it finally. It only took 29 years. Booyah!  Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

I know what ya mean. My presents usually look like a mentally challenged 5-year-old with only two fingers wrapped them.

6:23 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

LOL, the wrapping topic recently came up at our house too. My 14 yr old son figured that Mom would wrap his gifts forever. WRONG!
Basic gift wrapping is a skill that all of us will need at some point in our lives.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

sme, I feel like I have grown as a person by learning this skill, finally. No longer will the crappiest wrapped gift be associated with my name. Thanks for taking a look at my blog.

tshsmom, I had that rude awakening when I dragged all my presents to my parent's house and expected my mom to wrap them. Let me tell you I had to plunk some money down for her services but it was totally worth it. Thanks for taking a look at my blog!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home