Friday, December 22, 2006

Sometimes Bad Taste Happens...


Every once in a while, I have a fit of bad taste. I bought this shirt off EBay because I wanted something more "girly". Well, it didn't work. I modeled it for my husband who sat there in stunned silence searching for something to say that was nice. I thought it was cute but then I looked in the mirror and thought WTF. It is an explosion of beige, black lace, puffy sleeved death. I wouldn't wish this shirt on my worst enemy it is that bad. But with that thought I think I will still wear the shirt but I haven't figured out where, yet. I am thinking a shirt this bad needs to be appreciated at Christmas dinner at the in-laws house. I think it will spice up the conversation. Better than the "When are you getting out of school and making some money?", questions. Whatcha think? Excuse me for looking like death warmed over but it happens when the devil possesses you and makes you one of his minions. Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMIGOD!!! There are no words to describe what you are wearing...so I will say only this. That puffy Seinfeld shirt is looking good right about now!

Amy

9:25 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Hey, I was under the influence of the bad taste gods. Where were you when I needed a fashion intervention? This is all your fault. Your bad taste spidey sense should have been tingling.

12:40 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

That shirt reminds me of bridesmaid's dresses.
That's the problem with buying clothes online....you can't try them on!

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the trick is to wear it with HUGE tacky jewelry, and ACT CASUAL...to heighten the effect, dress your husband in a red, plaid flannel shirt.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

LMAO - I think you should keep that shirt for the "Hall of Fame" collection titled "Shit I Wish I Hadn't Bought on Ebay". :-P You're quite the trooper for posting a pic of it, I have to hand it to ya. I'm not nearly as brave as you. Just to make you feel better, I have my own "Hall of Fame" collection. ;-)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Tshsmom, when I tried it on I looked like a maid but crappier. Bridesmaid's dresses could not be as ugly as that top. Yikes! This is a cautionary tale on what could happen when you buy stuff online.

Scrunch, I am totally going to try that at Christmas dinner. I am just wondering how my in-laws are going to eat with their mouths hanging open. I think the hardest part will be to act casual without busting out laughing. Wish me luck.

Notta, I was thinking about keeping it but I think a shirt that hideous should be shared with the world. So, back on EBay it goes to complete its evil bad taste cycle with another unsuspecting victim.

5:56 PM  
Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Aw, c'mon, there must be worse shirts out there, especially on eBay! ;D

11:40 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Sme, I agree there is some crap on EBay but I knowingly walked in to that one. Oh well, the good news is that I am getting help for my lapse in to bad taste. Soon, I will be able to dress myself without causing intense physical reactions in others such as wincing, retching, faintness, blank stares and looks of pity.

2:42 AM  
Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

My mother once found a man-sized Rainbow Brite costume at Amazon.com. No word of a lie. So, if someone out there can purchase THAT, you mustn't be ashamed of a so-so shirt! :D

3:52 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Sme, I totally love Rainbow Brite and I would have bought the costume, too! But I think costumes have a time and place while that shirt is trying to be cute but fails miserably.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home