Monday, January 08, 2007

The Mystery of the Curious Strand of Curly Hair!

My husband has a hairy chest. You know like the one that they make fun of in Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery. I like his furry man pelt but I guess some people may not be so fond of it. I was watching the 40 Year Old Virgin and the waxing scene where they try to tame his man chest mane is a painful scene to watch and pointless because I don't find anything wrong with his "Teen Wolf" thing. My husband was visibly cringing during that scene and so was I. My only problem with his chest hair is that I find it everywhere and it is long, dark and curly not unlike pubic hair which is the problem. He sheds it constantly and is worse than my cats. The only sucky part is that he gets his fur in my books some how. I will be at school and someone will ask a question that I can't answer off the top of my head. I whip out my book to answer them, pop it open and there is a curly hair right in the middle of the page just sitting there waiting to embarrass me. You do not know how many times that has happened to me. I tried to play it off a couple of times by quickly exhaling a sigh or coughing on the book. Sometimes, I'll slam the book close very fast but it's no use, they've seen it and they probably think I have the teen wolf thing going. I almost feel that this is a Nancy Drew mystery hence the name of this post. In the meantime, I could ask my husband to do some manscaping but since I like his man fuzz so much I will just have to invest in a better vacuum cleaner.

7 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

LOL, it's a small price to pay for love! ;)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Yeah, I figure we are even since he had to make the dreaded run to the store for some tampons. If that isn't love, I don't know what is...

3:23 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Yup, that's a sure sign. Right along with holding your purse...in public. ;)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Yep, he'd done that, too. Though he held it as far away as he could from himself like it was going to for his eyes or something. Hmm, I think he was more weirded that he had to hold my purse for five minutes than getting me tampons. Men are strange creatures.

12:46 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Yes they are. I guess that's what makes them so loveable. ;)

6:35 PM  
Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Wow, and I thought porcupine-like dog and cat hair was the worst thing to have floating around! ;D
But I don't understand why people are so tough on hairy men. Aren't they supposed to be that way? Do we really want smooth guys who look like they haven't hit puberty yet? Blech!

3:49 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

SME, I agree! Smooth guys are not so attractive to me. I guess that's why I fell in love with a hairy man complete with a hairy chest and a man mane of long beautiful hair. He's dreamy...*Sigh*...

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home