Monday, January 09, 2006

What's going on!

Well, life has been the usual around here. I am still on winter break from school and I am just counting the days till I go back. I have a lead with a possible job that fits my perfect school job description...flexible hours, easy and I can do it and get the hell out of there. I have enough stress with school and I don't want to worry about work. I've been there and done that.

I have rescued another cat. He has been hanging around our outdoor food bowl. He seemed friendly enough so I picked him and discovered that he had a hole in his chest from a ruptured abscess that was trying to heal. I brought him inside so I can monitor the healing process and to make sure I can give him his medications regularly. My sister is pet sitting so I set him up in her bathroom. He seems okay and after further examination of his wound it doesn't look like he will need surgery but just some antibiotics. Plus, I noticed that the area around it looks like it's been shaved indicating to me that he is someone's pet plus the huge belly this kitty has. In the meantime we have called him Mr. Darcy while he is convalescing in Amy's bathtub. He got so relaxed he confused the cat box and the tub, repeatedly, and I was the lucky soul to clean that up. Yeah...fun. Amy's pet sitting job is over Wednesday and that is just perfect since Mr. Darcy is scheduled to be released that day. I hope his owner isn't too worried and I should put up a flier but I have been freaking lazy lately, I'll do it tomorrow, promise.

My other plan for this week is to check out the nursing school at the University of Texas at San Antonio. I am going with my friend, Jerry, and it will be a fun road trip. He is working a little bit more during this break and it's a soul sucking job sometimes so I just want to tell him to hang in there and that it's all worth it in the end. He is planning to go to nursing school, too, but the reality of paying one's bill is a heavy burden to handle while trying to keep focused on the future.

Another news flash is that my sister's cat, Don Gato, is in love with my husband. Since Amy isn't here, Don Gato and my husband have been cozier to the concern of my husband's cat, Sunny Bunny Bear. Sounds like there could be a cat fight in the near future.

Other than that, I am just happy to be alive and kicking. Peace out!

5 Comments:

Blogger Angelique said...

I tell you chica he is all up in my husband's grill. Nah, he still loves you but he misses you.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

I'm glad all is going well. Good luck on checking out the nursing school and finding a job you can do while in school - I know how much of a challenge that can be. :-)

7:26 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Thanks, Notta! I hope that I can find a job soon to help ease the burdens that are my school loans.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

I hear ya - I'm paying off student loans now. I owe 60K, and I pay 1K per month to get it paid off in under 7 years. The only reason I can pay that amount is because of sharing expenses with H. When I was on my own, I thought I would probably die before my student loan was paid off. :-/

6:59 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

I am feeling that my student loans are the ghost of Christmas past but I am hoping I can seriously pay them off as soon as I graduate. Oh, I just wish that would be sooner instead of 2 1/2 years. Happy thoughts...happy thoughts. Congratulatoins on getting that student loan monkey off your back and H sounds like a good man.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home