Friday, July 21, 2006

There are the good and the bad!

First the good.

Last night, while I was studying and my sister was playing on the computer, someone knocked on our backdoor. It was already dark and since we don't live in the best neighborhood, I was scared. After a couple of knocks I finally got the courage and some pants on to answer the door but my sister beat me to it. She opens up the door and sees a heavily pregnant woman walking away and a bag that left on the patio. My sister asks if she need anything and she said no but noticed that we fed some outdoor cats and she left us some supplies since her cat was no longer with her. I am completely surprised it has been 6 years of living at this apartment complex of trapping, neutering and feeding every cat that I came across and I have never had anyone give me anything in the way of help before. I am sad that she lost a pet but thankful that she was willing to help. I thought it was heartburn at first but I actually got a warm and fuzzy feeling here, it's nice.


Now for the bad.

I decided to buy an epilator. For all those who don't know what the hell that is, remember the Epilady, yep, it pulls your body hair out by the root. I figure I would give it a try since I am spending way too much money on waxing and I have a high tolerance for that kind of pain. Anyways, I decided to buy one off of EBay thinking I could get a new one cheap. Well, I did find one that I thought was a good deal and new, very important because a used one kind of creeps me out. So, I received it in the mail today and guess what? It was not so new. It was charged up like it had been used and if that didn't convince me the hair in the actual head mechanism was a clencher. I am completely grossed out and I have no idea whose black hair from God knows which body part that came from. I dropped that thing like it had a raging case of gonorhea (possibly?) and emailed that person a very nice letter saying that she lied. I hope I get a response because there is no way in hell I am keeping that think unless I can dump it in a vat of pure alcohol then set it on fire to get that deep down clean. This goes to show that sometimes paying full price means that your also paying for piece of mind. Anybody else have some similar stories?

6 Comments:

Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

I've not had much luck with sites like Ebay or Craigslist. Too many scams. I've never tried to buy something like that, though. I hope you're able to send it back and get a refund.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Notta, I had a great experience once with Craigslist. I bought this great Cuisinart blender/food processor from a freaky but really nice person. She made me take my shoes off and put clean room booties on. Wierd lady but damn I love that blender it was the best 20 bucks I've ever spent. An update on the epilator...I got a refund and the seller said to keep it. I feel bad that I want to get rid of it but it has someone elses cooties so I think I will sell it on EBay where the evil cycle can continue.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Vest said...

Hi pf: There are lots of people who really care in this sometimes miserable world of ours ,and we should all be thankful to people of the likes of yourself.

Do you neuter the animals yourself ?

1:07 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Thanks, Vest for your kind words. I don't really neuter them myself but I take them to get fixed which isn't cheap or easy. Sometimes the cats I feed are wild and I have to trap them to get them to the vet. I guess I woke up one morning and decided to do something about all the stray cats in our neighborhood. So far so good.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Vest said...

Sooty our last cat 14 years old was on his last legs and in pain.
I was sitting with him in a basket on my lap.
He said 'Meowing'take that as I handed him to the vet.
He then peed straight into my face.

Now whenever some describes a drink as 'weak as cats piss' I find I have a good talking point.
Bye now take care.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

I too have been "blessed" by my cat when I took him to the vet but that is a story for another day. Thank you for telling me your stories, they help me feel not so alone in my adventures with my pets.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home